Sunday, February 20

The Wal-Mart of Italian Restaurants

My Media Weekend

Hey Vagina!
(I love Garden State)

This was also the quote from that movie I could not help but think of upon seeing Peter Sarsgaard for the first time in Shattered Glass. Good movie, great cast including Steve Zahn.. every time I see this guy I think "Have any threeeees??". This is a quote from one of my favorite movies, That Thing You Do!, which I highly reccommend as well.

Today after going to the movies, I went to Olive Garden with my fam.
What I thought was once a pretty good Italian restuarant now maddens me with all the flaws I found tonight. Why the hell do everyone and their mom and pregnant cousin Jenny go there all the time?? Don't even get me started on the ass in the sockhat that sat across from us and then followed us to Super Target... I know he heard us talking about going there. And then what kinda Italian restuarant is out of cheese raviloli??!?! They didn't even have a good birthday song. I hope Will and Grace mock them some more.

Wow, I also just realized I have bought a CD for each day of the weekend. They include:
PJ Harvey- "Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea"- good songwriting, and just good music all together. Has one of my faves "One Line" on it and makes me want to buy more of hers.

The Smiths- "Singles"- really cool 80's music that makes me want to dance and listen to Duran Duran and Culture Club.

Frou Frou- "Details"- COOL MUSIC! While 'Let Go' is still probably the best song on the CD, the other songs definately are up to par with it.

Michael Buble(Bubbles)- "It's Time"- Wow, he is so talented. This CD is better than his first. He does some amazing covers of The Beatles and The Drifters. All that and he's a smartass on I Love the 90's. Someone get this guy his own TV show. (Speaking of that, I'm very excited about John Stamos's new show!!!)

I also burned the Snow Patrol CD from Megan, which I haven't listened to yet, but I'm getting a rave from her on 'Run'. I'm in the mood to watch movies, so here is my overly ambitious list for tonight and tomorrow-

Dead Poets Society
Big Daddy (just the parts with Jon Stewart)
That Thing You Do!
Footloose (w/ Kevin Bacon commentaty)
annd Napolean just for the wedding scene.

No comments: