So Hannah told me that the same Booker who caused a catastrope at the Freedom Festival that my dad had to fix, the same Booker that pulled that asinine "April Fools" joke, was "talking smack" about my buddy Constantine. This is what I had to say to him about that.
Dear Sir,
By chance, I happened to be listening to your show this morning and could not help but tune into the section on American Idol, as I have always been a fairly consistent fan of the show. I heard your comments about one Constantine Maroulis, one of the more the more popular contestants-- saying that he is most likely a rude person, etc.
I must inform you that Constantine was in a touring company of the Broadway musical 'RENT' that visited The Centre in Evansville last January. I saw the show and loved it, and knowing the theater, went to the stage door to possibly talk with the cast members with some friends of mine. Within a few minutes, we saw a few of them walking by, and the very first one to come and talk to us was Constantine. He could not have been nicer. He thanked us for coming to see the show (people in those types of shows are usually thrilled when they have fans), and even asked us if we were going to the after party, which we could not attend because of our age. If he and his fellow cast members were rude and annoyed with us, we did not notice, so we walked away happy that we got to meet such nice people.
Watching the show, I think Constantine is definately one of the more talented contestants. Even though he may not win the contest because his unique style does not fit that of an "American Idol", I think it is safe to say he has a pretty good shot of making it in the music business. Having studied at the Boston Conservatory, he is probably one of the more focused individuals on the show, simply because he knows not to get lost in the hype of a highly rating TV show. However, I don't think you should confuse a focused individual with one that is just plain "rude".
In conclusion, you can say whatever you want, and you obviously know people are going to listen. I merely advise you to think about what it is being said, and how you are going to come off after the comment is made. You never know who else is going to have the other side of the story.
Oh, SNAP. Stupid Fred Flinstone look alike should think twice before he opens his mouth next time.
Tuesday, February 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment