Unlike everyone I've talked to today, I thought the Homecoming Game was idiotic and just stupid. Freshmen suck. So much so, I actually watched the game and was happy we won, then was promptly escorted home by the Kuhn's to watch the SAG Awards and SNL. That was cool.
I went to Central Library today and it took me almost 15 minutes to figure out that the magazines are sorted in alphabetical order. Who knew that Mr. Dewey did not extend to mixed media? Surely not I. I got more books for my anthology, for which my theme is Humor. I'll ask an employee to point me in the direction of something or other, I've got my Dorothy Parker, Comic Verse, and Humor Essay books, so they glance down at what's in my hand, give me a sympathetic look, and very kindly tell me exactly where to go and their own suggestions on their favorite satirical works. I walk by a service counter, James Thurber and Ring Lardner in hand, and a lady gives me the biggest smile I've ever seen. I finally reach the check out, two editions of The New Yorker topping off my pile, and the lady tells me when my books are due and wholeheartedly to "have a wonderful day". These people think I have just gotten a shock treatment and occupational therapy leave from a mental institution! Can a person not check out, oh say 7 works of humorous literature without being practically shaken and told to cheer up and smell the fresh air??? I shouldn't be complaining, really, they were just trying to de-Slyvia Plath me, but I hope that I do not naturally adorn an unpleasant expression.
"Insiders say that this year's Super bowl ads will not be as crass as last year's. Though, I have it on good authority that half-time performer Paul McCartney is gonna whip his dong out"
Keep the mouse in the house tonight, Pauly.
Sunday, February 6
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment