Wow. I never thought going back to Thompkins would be so wierd. I was sick from school today so I really wasn't thinking about it, just doing a lot of sleeping and watching Queer As Folk (thats a lot of gay people crammed into three hours) and one terrible Ginger Rodgers movie. It really didn't occur to me that I was going back to all of that until I walked in the door.
It's funny going back to a place that hasn't changed at all, just to see how much you have grown up, got a life, and really changed from whatever it is that you were. When I walked in the auditorium I was flooded with memories and the realization of how small that place really is. A bit surreal when just a year ago I felt like I was singing for a thousand people. The show was sort of hard to watch at first. I really wanted to get Adam Nathan and Cara together and go up and play around on the stage like we used to.
But holy crap! Those boys were sooo good! I mean, the girls were too, but there was a number performed by just the boys and it was amazing. However, it must be the new trendy thing for middle school guys to think that they weren't good. I got that crap from Drew, Lane, and Brinley... bite your tongues, boys! Our guys have some competition next year. I loved the show. This sounds like something in a Full House episode, but it took this whole experience to get me to realize that that auditorium is where I grew up. No matter how tiny it seems now, it was huge to me until I left that place.
And so, I have to pass on my ACT award torch on Saturday. Even though I won't be there physically, I'll be there in spirit,
and I will no longer be the current award holder. But MY name's still the last one on that plaque, bitches!
"Someday we'll recall the greatest day of all..."
Thursday, March 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment