Friday, April 1

I Wanted to Be Alone

You know the part at the beginning The Graduate after Dustin Hoffman comes back from college and he just sits around on his bed, in the pool, etc. with that completely dazed look on his face while that Simon & Garfunkel song about silence plays in the background? That's pretty much been my week, minus all the Paul and Art. Granted, I don't see myself having an affair with my father's business partner's wife, or their daughter for that matter, but that was definately my state of mind throughout the week. I came home Thursday night and crashed, and haven't done a whole lot since, save sitting on my arse and watching a lot of movies.

I sort of felt like the Unabomber at times, for not talking to my friends more, but I totally needed the time to myself.. well and to spend a night watching American Idol with my Mom and Nana and then another to go see Guess Who with my sister. Which brings me to tonight- I caught up on my Hollywood celeb instant-nostalgia TV Shows and watched What Not to Where, a current classic. You may ask what I'm doing right now. With a bit of backgound I'll tell ya..

So we're having a yard sale tomorrow, and besides peeing down her leg in excitement, my mom has crazily been taking everything appealing to the yard sale type (you must be missing atleast three teeth, have a fixation on refurbishing any musical instrument you can get your hands on, or simply be my mother) out of our house and placing a fateful piece of masking tape on it. So today she's going through the CD's, throwing out the Bobby Brown, the B*Witched, the Robyn, and then we find The Gay 90's. If you haven't heard of it, it includes the showstopping hits that graced the Billboard #1 list such as John and Fred, All the Good Men are Gay, and the climactic dance number Bisexual Tango. It will make you laugh and cry and strike a few poses, and stars none other than my terrific Unce Bill. Run, don't walk to your nearest Barnes and Noble and try to catch a copy of this musical - they're flying off the shelves.

No comments: