Monday, April 3

Updates from the Edge

I was so much cooler freshman year. Sophomore year? Really not too sure what I'm doing still, and I don't really plan on it. So maybe next year I can blog more than once a month, because things will be more interesting. Nevertheless, the following could be valuable information to have. Selfish, perhaps, but someone may get use out of it someday.

Reading:
The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini- upon finishing, didn't really know how to feel, but now I love love love it.
The Lovely Bones- wasn't as good for me as family claimed it to be for them, but still worth the read.
The New Yorker Magazine- finding my reading routine with this, week to week. Can't wait for some day in the late summer when I can just sit and read everything I haven't read in every New Yorker I own.
The Picture of Dorian Gray- just started, so can't say just yet, but I hope it's engaging and not too long of a read.

Watching:
American Idol- LOVE: Elliot, Taylor, Chris, Katherine, HATE: Kellie, Bucky, WILL NOT WATCH: this week, country week, opting instead for
Gilmore Girls- can't judge this season until I see the Spring episodes, which are always the best. But I hope, as always, that Jess comes back.
The Office- got the 1st season on DVD. Restores my faith in life.
Blow Out- 3rd season. Hell yes.
Queer As Folk- Finished the 5th and final season. Bittersweet ending, but atleast that's a show that barely changed from the first to last episode.
Grey's Anatomy- provides for a nice Sunday night, now that I dropped Desperate Housewives (and do not feel guilty at all about the move). It will always be awesome. And I love when Burke dances.

Working on:
Brighton Beach Memoirs- I'm getting to that point where I'm in the tunnel and I can't see out the other side, but today's Dinner scene was off the hook and excited me. COME SEE MY SHOW.

Loving:
Ricky Gervais' accent- on The Daily Show as I type and sensing where the love of the American Office came from. Thanks, Dick.
AC360- as always.

Listening to:
Musical after Musical- Rocky Horror, Funny Girl, Assassins, Urinetown, Spelling Bee, all good, but what is there to expect? May elaborate later.
New Stuff- The New Pornagraphers, Rufus Wainwright, Rilo Kiley, some Bangles stuff I'm unfamiliar with. Royal Tennenbaums soundtrack? Always a treat.

Hoping/Waiting For:
Tony nominations- It's just a matter of time before the psychosis begins.
A Wes Anderson movie night? Sometime sooon, please.

No comments: