Saturday, July 22

Think I'll Sleep Instead

California.
I don't know, somehow the knowlege that any regular person with enough money in travelers checks can purchase their own star that reads their own name at Grauman's Chinese Theatre sort of took away the mystery, the adventure.

Okay, that was a huge lie. But, for the rest of the week, I will happily be in denial just like Rufus Wainwright. So what if my sister and my Nana are at a fundraiser at the Paramount Studios backlot?? I'm probably going to watch Corrina, Corrina for the second time this week! Who needs actual West Hollywood and the possibility of being outside the Big Brother house when you have Ray Liotta circa 1994?


List of things I Definately need to be doing:
1. Getting my liscence. Although I do not feel so guilty about not having it anymore.
2. Learning how to spell liscense. Which way is it? If I"m going to have one, I should probably add it to my written vocabulary.
3. Looking on-line, at bookstores, etc. at colleges. Third time's the charm for the Duckworth's.
4. (Now this is the real nerd coming out in me) Finding a good SAT website online and doing a bit on it everyday. I almost want to delete that.
5. Probably researching successful journalists and how they got where they are, and thereby applying that to my own small town life. I think I've stuck with this profession since Thursday night, so it must be serious.

Don't tell anyone, but I truly am looking forward to school starting. Then again, I already made it painfully obvious.

No comments: